Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Script Runner with Confluence 5.7

Swarna Radha June 21, 2015

Good day,

We are currently using confluence 5.7, we would like to know if there is any latest script runner version that we can integrate with the current confluence version we are using. So far, the one we found online is not compatible. 

Kindly advise.

Thanks and regards,

Swarna Radha

Team Lead Agile 

Rubric Quality Consultants

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2015

ScriptRunner can easily be installed in Confluence, it just has a few extra steps to install it. The documentation for the installation is located here: ScriptRunner for Confluence It includes the following built-in scripts, as well as a Script Console to run arbitrary scripts. 

Built-in Scripts

• Copy a tree of pages
  • Switch user identity
  • Copy user permissions, watches, network etc to another user
  • Delete tree(s) of pages
  • XPath search in pages

It does NOT include a Groovy page macro, unfortunately.

Installation process

1. You MUST install the Groovy Runtime FIRST
    1. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.codehaus.groovy.groovy-all-atlassianplugin
  2. Install the Script Runner package
    1. https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=11567119

You should read the documentation here completely FIRST, it's not long. https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSR/Script+Runner+for+Confluence+Home

Swarna Radha June 22, 2015

Hi Steven, Thank you for your help. It seems that Groovy Runtime does not support Confluence 5.7. When i have installed the jar successfully, i got a message "This add -on is not compatible with your Confluence instance" Could please advice me if there is any Groovy Runtime for Confluence 5.7 Thanks and Regards, Swarna

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2015

I have Groovy Runtime 2.1.3 installed in my Confluence 5.7.4 instance with no issues. It isn't warning me about anything. Are you using the same version of the runtime as me? I noticed that the one on the marketplace is 2.1.3.1 but the one on the Confluence page is 2.1.3.

0 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2016

Hi Swarna,

If you are after ScriptRunner for Confluence then it is not currently compatible with Confluence 5.7 sorry. How long before you anticipate your instance being upgraded to 5.8 or above?

regards, Mark.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events