How to switch sites for an Atlassian product

Alan Audia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2024

I have two different *name*.atlassian sites where my products are split between the two. How can I migrate all of my products onto one site or switch between them?

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Alan Audia.  👋

I hate reading documentation, too, however, migrating data from one Jira system to another is not easy, and if you aren't careful, your migration will fail, or your data will not come over as expected.

This is truly one of those cases where things will go much better for you if you carefully read through this guide AND the linked/related pages:

Perform a cloud-to-cloud migration for Jira

The other approach is to hire an Atlassian Solution Partner who has experience in this area. Many of them specialize in this area.

It will cost you some money, of course, but it may save you a lot of time and trouble, which will cost you as well.

Best of luck,

-dave

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

@Alan Audia In case you are talking about Confluence, rather than Jira (you posted to the Confluence channel), you can start with this page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-Admins-articles/Now-copy-spaces-across-Confluence-cloud-sites-easily/ba-p/2542461 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events