How do I copy a Global template that I created and paste it as a template in a new site space?

MB December 31, 2019

I have created a global template that I would like to make available to a new site space that will be public.  I want to limit the number of templates that are available to this site only.  I do not want to recreate the template again, nor do I want the current list of templates available to appear as options when I want people to create a new page.  Is this possible without an additional plugin?  If so, then can someone please tell me how?

Many thanks,

Mechelle

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2020

Hello Mechelle,

Thank you for reaching out about this. Happy to help!

I want to make sure I understand your situation correctly.

You created a global template, and you want to make it available to one of your newest spaces which will be public. You mentioned that you don't want to create the template again, but is there a reason you might need to do that? You can use global templates to create pages on any space. 

In terms of restricting your users to a specific template, it won't be possible to do that. You can promote specific templates within the space, so those show up first.

Another option for you would be to use the Create from Template Macro. This allows you to embed a button on your page and it will automatically create pages using the template you specify.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events