Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we create a Project Plan in Confluence

Juned Shaikh March 25, 2019

I am looking for a project Plan with a Gantt Chart.that can help me to provide a Critical Path Method on the Project Plan as the activities are scheduled automatically.

Also, the notes section should be structured in such a way, it should make the Project Plan look presentable.

If we have any existing samples of the project plan and anyone can share, that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Juned Shaikh

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2019

Hello Juned,

There as an article about Gantt charts in Confluence. Hope it will help.

Juned Shaikh March 27, 2019

This helps, it tells you how you can create an gantt chart. I wish we had a video around it

Juned Shaikh March 27, 2019

Actually, Let me try and work with the tool this might just be the answer. thank you!

Juned Shaikh March 28, 2019

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ 

I am getting errors as incorrect date format and I am not able to fix it.

can you help here?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

Yes, what do you see there?

Capture.123.PNG

Like Oluwatobi Owolabi likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2019

Remove "Activity" column from "Values column" field and select "Start date" and "End Date" columns there.

@Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ 

It is fixed. Thank you!

Like # people like this
2 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Confluence is a documentation system, not a PPM system.  

We find that most people use Jira and Confluence together to meet their project management and reporting needs.  They track their issues in Jira, indicate progress, set dates, effort, indicate blockers, etc there.  This information is easily aggregated in Confluence by embedding Jira gadgets in to Confluence pages.  There are a number of Gantt apps available for Jira, some of which have Dashboard Gadgets that you could embed in to Confluence pages. I hope that helps point you in the right direction.

0 votes
Takafumi Ohtake -Ricksoft-
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2022

Hi everyone!

Using Gantt Chart Planner for Confluence is another option.

And, an article Plan Projects and Roadmaps with Gantt Charts in Confluence Cloud summarizes the pros and cons of various ways to draw Gantt charts in Confluence Cloud.

It might be helpful even though you use Confluence Server/DC.

I hope it helps you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events