Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic link option not available when creating Jira stories from Confluence

Brian Botelho December 14, 2018

Does anyone know why I'm not getting the Epic link option when creating Jira stories from Confluence?   Confluence version maybe ... ? 

Disclaimer, I'm newly interacting with this Confluence instance & associated Jira project(s), not an instance admin. NoEpicLinkOption.png

4 answers

1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Hi @Brian Botelho,

I am assuming that the issue "TIS-70" an epic that is already linked to that Confluence page. If so, Confluence will only allow you to link additional issues created from the Create Jira Issue macro to that epic. 

There was a request to change this earlier this year, but Atlassian decided not to implement it.

CONFSERVER-37965

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Brian Botelho December 14, 2018

Hi @Scott Theus

Thank you for the follow up and information.   

When you say "already linked to that Confluence page", are you referring to linked via page properties?   

This maybe moot BTW because I wasn't getting the Epic link option on a brand new page (no Epic link on the page) and with the Epic link (via page properties) on the page. 

Note: I just commented in the closed Jira ticket (CONFSERVER-37965) not that that'll help ... 

Regards, 

-Brian

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

I'm referring to an epic link on the page, not via the page properties.  Your screen shot suggests that TIS-70 is attached to the page already with an epic link,...What happens when you select a project?

-Scott

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2018

Hmmm....

This may not be it, but you mentioned that you are not an admin for this instance...Do you have "Edit" permissions for the projects you are linking to? I wouldn't think it was a permissions issue, but it doesn't hurt to check.

-Scott

0 votes
Brian Botelho December 17, 2018

BTW, when I select a project I still don't get the Epic link option. 

0 votes
Brian Botelho December 17, 2018

Thanks Scott. 

BTW, the Epic in the screenshot is from the Atlassian training video, not my screen.   It's an example of how its "supposed" to work. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events