Diagram on confluence not showing linked diagram

Matthew Barnes June 30, 2020

Summary

Uploading a completely new diagram onto confluence to replace an existing diagram on a page, amended the link on the page and saving. (Not a new version, name change)

The original diagram was still displayed.

Steps followed.

Had a png attachment of a visio process embedded / displayed in a confluence page. 

Name of the image Position Rec, and there were two versions of this image, the correct one being displayed.

I then saved a new image Position Rec 2 as it was significantly different. I then edited the link in the page to reference this new file. (did not want to delete and reinsert as wanted to use the same display attributes.. sizing, borders etc which were not default.)

On reviewing the page after saving the old image, Position Rec was displayed (for me and other users) 

BUT clicking the image to display it (not sure what the correct term) standalone on the screen (with the ability to use the right and left arrows to switch between the images attached to the page) the image that was displayed immediately was the correct one.. Position Rec 2

Impacts

This has happened a few times recently but had put it down to user error (uploading the wrong file... not saving the new file correctly) but it is clearly a bug somewhere. 

Very frustrating having to check if the correct image is actually being displayed.

There have been instances were last minute changes where not being displayed and when presenting to the business my team looked incompetent with stale documentation when this was not indeed the case...

Workaround

The only way I have found of resolving this is to delete the original image Position Rec .. (both versions not just the latest version)

This resulted in 'unknown attachment' and was able to insert another image and then do the resize, border format etc.... 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events