Create a group on confluence to set restriction

Vera Qian January 27, 2021

Hi community,

I wish to set a space only visible to my team. To reach that, I wish to create a group so that I only need to add people to that group then add the restriction for my team.

Is that feasible? How to? I don't know how to create a group.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Once you have created your group, you may also need to update the space permissions to remove groups or people that were automatically added when the space was created (based on the default space permissions configured).

E.g. you might need to remove a group like confluence-users from your space permissions.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2021

Hello @Vera Qian ,

To enable restrictions on Space to specific people. You need to create a group first.

image.pngSettings --> Security --> Groups --> Create Group --> 

image.png

Create group.

Click on Add Members

image.png

Add members , who already having Confluence accounts.

If you don't have any members in confluence. You can invite them as below

Settings --> Security --> users  --> invite them as entering their email id's

image.png

Once they registered in confluence, add them into groups.

Now --> Go to Space --> Space Settings -->  Permissions -->  Add group --> add permissions.

Thanks.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hi @Vera Qian ,

Go to your site's Admin at admin.atlassian.com. If you're an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, click the site's name and URL to open the Admin for that site.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-and-update-groups-744721627.html

屏幕截图_20210128132736.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events