Chart macro - No data available

richardofrugeley March 31, 2021

I'm using the Chart macro for the first time and I have the Help page open. The Help page says to enter table(s) into the macro placeholder, but the Insert Table button is greyed out. So I'm adding comma-separated test data like this, and the result is shown.

Date,Reqts

01/01/20,500

01/02/20, 400

01/03/20,300

No data available.png

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2021

Hi @richardofrugeley ,

Here is a question where I show how the Chart from Table macro works - please, look at the first screenshot.

Your table should be inserted inside the macro body (the Chart from Table macro in my example and the standard Chart macro for your case).

So, you need to copy/paste your table inside the macro or insert the macro firstly and create a new table inside its body.

richardofrugeley March 31, 2021

Thanks @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} . I took your advice and started with a table on the page outside the macro. After a few attempts, I found that I just needed to copy a single row and paste it into the placeholder using Ctrl+V. From then I could manually add rows and populate the table cells. So now I have a working line chart. I see that the table edit buttons are active while in the placeholder table.

Working line chart.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events