what is the best approach to guide the creation of a wiki space (product, uo or team)

Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

We try to guide the creation of wiki spaces, based on a single criterion.
Currently we use 3 criteria which are: product, qestions and answers, and organizational units

The idea is to favor the structure of the template pages when creating the pages and it is much easier to orient it when there is only one model.

I would like to hear from the community and more specifically, if this step has already been taken.

According to my opition, it is desirable to create "product-oriented" spaces.

By the past we were creating intranet, documentation and project spaces.

Now we focus on documentation only.

thanks for your input.

Michael

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

I would do this by the criteria.  For each of your criteria, I'd have a common "type" of space (ideally, blueprinted) with all the relevant predefined templates in them automatically.

The Product spaces would obviously be product focussed, and the OU probably more team like.  I'd suggest a look at "Confluence Questions" for your Q&A spaces though, it might be more useful than the use of generalised templates that might get missed.

Michael Regelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

Thanks Nic.

We mainly have 5 criterias:

• User Guide
  • FAQ
  • Problem - Solution
  • Technical description
  • Announcement

Isnt that too many criteria ?

We never had done works with blueprint space.

I have read that it mean developement...

Otherwise does it exist some free plugin offering blueprints

Michael

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events