Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Atlassian keep breaking Confluence?

Phil September 4, 2018

Every time I come back to Confluence to edit or create new pages for documentation Atlassian has decided to remove/change the way something works (ie indents work or bullets work).  STOP IT. 

You are creating an enormous amount of work for me to have to redo layouts, etc or just not update the documentation.  I would even say many others are experiencing this.  Stop removing functions.

Our team needs to be able to manipulate layout for the sake of readability for other teams.  There are large detailed documents with drawings created and published, but now I cannot indent the bullets or numbering, which was I was able to do previously.  Thus creating a new document is not the same nor can I make ajustments to the old documents.

I am unsure of what Atlassian is trying to do by removing function(s).  Just like now the undo/redo buttons are missing (at least I can use a keyboard shortcut ctrl-z, ctrl-y).  Put the functions back and stop removing them as you are literally destroying work.  I am really questioning why we are using Atlassian at this point.  We cannot have people using a product that will deliberately create dysfunction and thus generate a ridiculous amount of busy work to work around it.  You are wasting our resources.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2018

It's not us doing it, it's Atlassian.  We're a community of end users (although there are Atlassians here)

They are choosing to add features and remove others as part of their improvements to the products.

If you want a non-latest version, you need to migrate to Server so you can choose when to take changes.

0 votes
Phil September 5, 2018

We are on Cloud Confluence and the newest version isn't the issue.  The issue is that Atlassian is removing used features.  I would be understanding if this was a "bug", but it is intentional just like messing with indents was a while back.  Fortunately that was rescinded and we could again indent as needed.  So again stop regressing backwards on features.  It is not helpful to your users.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2018

I am guessing you are on Cloud Confluence, where you have explicitly signed up to take the "latest version" at all times?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events