Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Share your archiving successes and frustrations

Hi team, my name is Kamil and I'm working as an Engineering Manager in one of DC cross-product teams.

We’re currently exploring the role archiving plays in managing your data in Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket Data Center, and would love to hear about your successes and frustrations with archiving in Confluence!

Not sure where to start? Perhaps think about these questions:

• Do the current Data Center archiving features meet your expectations?

• What prevents you (or your team members) from archiving spaces, projects, or issues?

• What would you like to see as the next improvement in archiving?

• Do you use workarounds or other ways of marking your content as archived?

1 comment

Does this topic include only the "archiving" feature built-in to Confluence DC or also that of the Better Content Archiving for Confluence app?

(We are developers of the app, thus I can share successes and frustrations related to the app and its integration with the core of Confluence Data Center.)

Hi Aron, please share! we'd be happy to hear any kind of feedback :)

Maybe the biggest problem we have seen over the years is that Confluence has not been strict enough (maybe in present tense?) about data validation.

This allowed users create corrupt data. For example, we have seen pages with NULL titles, page hierarchies with circular references (even pages that are parents of themselves), attachments without owning pages, etc.

This corrupt data can easily stay below the radar and won't hurt the end-user, but when the Better Content Archiving app tries to move those to the archive space, every sort of cryptic errors happen typically on the database level. The solution is querying the tables and fix the data, then retry the archiving, but this is extremely frustrating, time consuming and sometimes even risky. What makes it even worse is that the larger the Confluence instance is (the larger the customer is), the higher the probability of these... :-/

Like Kamil Kolonko likes this

Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

540 views 5 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you