cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in the "new editing experience" are a major step back

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

Below are two screenshots. In the example, I wanted to link to a space directly which happens to have the same name as a page.  

First, the old editor and linking. It was easy, I typed [ and got a useful dialog.  even if there was ambiguity, I could hover over the link and see the URL in my browser status bar.

2019-07-30 09_50_44-Edit - Available Streams - Confluence.png

Second, the new experience.  I don't even know what to say.  On top of what you see below, I cannot hover and see the URL in the status bar.  I mean, just, wtf?

2019-07-30 09_51_00-Edit - Documentation - Information Technology - Confluence.png\

And why did we change the shortcut?  So now the system is fragmented. I can still type // to get a date or @ to tag someone, but now I have to use CTRL+K to link?

In summary, old: good, new: bad.

2 answers

0 votes
Ray Myers December 4, 2019

The new editing experience is so broken that it's a good reason to try to find a new wiki provider.

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events