Deactivate Confluence Email Notifications Plugin and use emails only with Comala workflows

Oliver Kubon May 30, 2018

Hello everybody,

I think many users are aware of the problem with Global Email Settings. They just do not exist and the only way to avoid email spam is that each user deactivates the email settings in their own profile. With 500 to 1000 users this is not really a good option.

We use Confluence 6.8.2 (Server) and Comala Worklows 5.4.1.

The only mail traffic we need is from the Comala workflows. However, the workflows can only send emails when the mail server is set up. So I am trying to find a way in which any Confluence Notifications is disabled via email except for the workflows.

To achieve that, I have the following idea:
I set up the mail server and completely disable the Confluence Email Notifications plugin. As far as I know, the plugin ensures that mails are ever sent as soon as something happens in Confluence.
Thus, Comala Workflow has an active mail server and nobody feels disturbed by the many mails from Confluence itself.

I am not sure if this plan works and I thought I could ask the community in advance.
Has anyone tried this before or has experience disabling the Confluence Email Notifications plugin?

Best regards
Oliver

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver Kubon July 5, 2018

If someone has a similar problem in the future:

I have tested my idea and it works fine! :)

Set up the mail server and disable the Confluence Email Notifications plugin. If you use the {send-email} macro in comala it will send an email without any problems.

No Spam anymore!

Best regards
Oliver

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events