Confluence is Slow - Why?

Peter Twiss March 21, 2018

Hello,

Looking to understand why Confluence is consistently slow. I know it is not my PC, nor my internet connection.

I also get less than 100% loading half of the time, where I have to press the refresh button 1-2 times to get buttons/options to appear. 

This tool will start losing legitimacy if performance cannot be addressed. Great tool function, poor loading/speed. 

I'd like to know:

(1) if others have this same issue? 

(2) What is Atlassian doing about the performance?

(3) When can we expect resolution. 

Thanks

2 comments

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hey Peter, 

What browser are you currently using? I'm using a combination of Chrome and Firefox interchangeably and haven't experienced this issue. I'm currently on a PC with Win 7. 

Do you have any pop up blockers or other active web scanning tools? 

I notice that some sites on my home PC drag when bitdefender has active scanning turned on. 

Hi Meg,

Thanks for replying:

** Win10, Chrome v64.0.3282.186 (64-bit) 

Chrome Extensions: That could potentially cause an issue

- AdBlock

- LastPass

- Win10 installs:

(1) 1-password

is it Ad-Block?

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Adblock is such a pain for a lot of sites, I'd try turning that off and checking it out.

Especially when you have a website with a lot of dynamic content, it gets finicky. 

Like Benjamin Trolte likes this

DOOD ... IT'S ADD BLOCKER WTF.

THANKS, I'LL NOTIFY THE REST OF OUR COMPANY

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

hahahaha, yeahhh... It causes so many problems with so many sites. Hard to believe it has such a huge following. 

I'm so happy this was the problem though, I was bunkering down for a long QA session on this one XD

thanks we can close this and mark it as solved.

Thanks Meg,

-P

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

324D202500000578-3498922-image-a-33_1458315465874.jpg

I think you have to choose my answer to make it solved. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events