Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Resize table columns easily with the new Distribute Columns option

Hi Community,

My name is Ethan Yew and I am a product manager on Atlassian’s platform editor. I’m here to announce a highly request update to tables in Confluence and Jira.

You can now format and display information in your table with an option to Distribute columns. This update makes it easy to format your table by allowing you to resize columns to be the same width.

How does it work?

Select the columns you would like to resize, and then choose Distribute columns from the dropdown menu to make all of the columns you selected the same width. You can also select the entire table to resize all columns in the table.

Use the Distribute columns option to present information clearly and consistently across your tables.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (23).gif

There is more work being done to improve tables so stay tuned! And leave any comments or questions below.

6 comments

OK, so 2 years in the making, and still no "Responsive"-option? This has got to be some kind of world record.

We need this, so tables look good on displays of all sizes (as well as PDF export) not only on the screen we are currently editing!

Like # people like this

This is a step closer to the kind of control I need over tables. HUZZAH!

Now if we could get an option to hide cell borders... 

Like # people like this

It is an improvement.  However tables are still nearly useless when editing via Safari on an iPad.  Obviously there must be some tweaks needed to work well with that browser, though Safari on the desktop seems to work pretty well.  And the Confluence iOS app does not even seem to have an obvious icon for adding a table (nor a link).

Like # people like this

I like this improvement.

"one small step for mankind"

Like Sarah Elmer likes this

Thanks!  This is awesome.

Comment

This widget could not be displayed.
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

613 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you