Collaboratory Video Series: Confluence Your Way

Hey there, collaborators!

We're continuing on with Work and Wellness with a special video series focused on team connection and collaboration, wherever and whenever. 

Introducing Confluence Your Way

Confluence Your Way is our Day-in-the-Life video series where people and teams invite you into their daily lives to show you how they use Confluence as their digital workspace.

Check out our first two episodes of Confluence Your Way with @Meg Bailey and @Tracy Kim from our marketing team at Atlassian, and hear their top tips on working efficiently and creating space for time and balance in their workdays.

Meg runs through her work routine and shares how she uses Confluence to collaborate in real-time with her team. From social media to quarterly presentations, Meg uses Confluence HER way.

Pro Tip from Meg: ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Use a Page reaction to let your team know you saw their work.

Tracy shows you how Confluence Mobile allows her to take conversations with her team outside while still tracking her 1:1 Pages and taking notes โ€“ all in one tool.

Pro Tip from Tracy: ๐Ÿ“… Take advantage of using shortcuts like "/" to quickly add macros, emojis, and dates to Confluence pages!

Pro Tip from Megan: โœ๏ธ Use the ready-to-run Confluence R&R template to quickly and easily organize the roles and responsibilities across a whole team.

Share how your Confluence Your Way

We'd love to see how you Confluence Your way! We'd love to hear:

• How do you start your mornings?

• How do you create a balance between work and breaks in your day?

• How do you collaborate or work more efficiently with Confluence?

Record your Day in the Life to be featured, and also receive our exclusive Video Star badge:

videostarbadge1.jpg

Prefer to type your answers? All pro-tippers in the comments will still receive our Work and Wellness badge!

work and wellness badge.png

Share your pro tips in the comments! ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿผ

7 comments

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2022

Pro tip:
Use the Confluence Mobile app for really great notification management.

I know there's a new Confluence daily email digest, but I'm not in love with my inbox. Instead, I like using the Confluence mobile app to get select notifications immediately, in the notifications area on my mobile device.

There are really great controls for notifications in the Confluence mobile app. You can go with one of the presets or you can totally customize what notifications you want to see.
Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 11.21.28.png Screen Shot 2022-08-16 at 11.22.10.png

Combining this with tools in Android and iOS for customizing when you get work notifications really helps me jump in and out of work at just the right times.

๐ŸŽฅ More pro tips here: https://youtu.be/Z7u6CeCWvu0

Like โ€ข # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 17, 2022

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ Truly a power user and A+ content creator! Loving the tips and the Vouch you submitted, too! ๐Ÿคฉ

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2022

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ ^what @Sharon Tan said! Great tips and love to hear that the Confluence mobile app empowers you to stay informed and move work forward on your time. ๐Ÿ™Œ

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Pro Tip: Use Templates

I personally love all the Templates that Confluence has to offer! There are so many; almost one for any type of document you can think of. I personally love the meeting notes, retrospective, project plan and roadmap ones! You can find much more at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCmzzpfUbDU . I love this video and learned so much from watching it. 

On a side note I also love that you can add a header image to your pages and add emojis in the title of your pages! Great features! 

Keep it up Confluence team! Keep brining on those great features! 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Pro Tip #1

Use the Confluence Mobile App as your daily wind down from the work day. If you commute via mass transit, pull out your phone, open the app and check out the Recent Tab to see what changes, updates and inititives are going on in your organization. It will deepen and broaden your knowledge of the company you are working for and who you are working with. 

If you can't use your mobile phone on your commute, shut your email client down ten minutes before you sign off for the day and take a trip down recent memory lane using the mobile app. Be careful though, you may get so immersed you could wind up leaving the office later than expected!

Pro Tip #2

Learn one new macro (using the / command!) a week and put it to use. Over a period of a few weeks your Confluence pages will begin to pop and draw more attention when you learn to use custom panels, dates, dividers, tables, images, etc. enhance your text!

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2022

How do you start your mornings?

When I get to work in the morning I usually start with taking a look at my Jira board at what I need to do today and plan my day by making a short to-do list. 

How do you create a balance between work and breaks in your day?

I take a strict half our break at about the same time every day chatting to my colleague in welo where I don't take a look at emails and ignore all notifications. At the end of the day I lock the screen, leave my home office and never step a foot in it again until the next day. That really helps with setting boundaries. 

How do you collaborate or work more efficiently with Confluence?

I think what I love about Confluence is that you can collect ideas asynchronously. Because sometimes you don't have a lot of time to brainstorm together, you work best at different times or you just have an idea at some random time in your workday and Confluence really helps with that. I just create a page with some ideas, link it to the Jira issue and then my colleague can add in his ideas later. And then we can talk about it once we start the project. 

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Thanks for the post and tips

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events