How can we export data in confluence into csv format?

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

I have many tables in different pages of confluence. Would like to export this data into csv format and then import it back into jira to create issues. Is there a way to export into the csv format?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

Hi @CHARITHA ,

We can suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

With the help of its macros you'll be able to export your data in CSV, pdf and Word formats.

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

where do I find that plugin in confluence?

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

how is it possible that confluence cannot export data in csv format? It is such a great tool and more importantly when you can do it in JIRA , there should be a way to do it from confluence as well.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2021

It's a paid add-on but you may also browse Atlassian Marketplace for more simple and free apps that provide only CSV export.

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

thanks Katerina.. could you please direct me to any such app that serves my purpose?

also, are macros and apps the same? 

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2021

The app is an additional plugin which is installed by your administrator. The app provides one or several macros that allow you to amplify Confluence.

As @Karen_Mustain has mentioned, try this free app.

1 vote
Karen_Mustain July 1, 2021

@CHARITHA 

If you are using Confluence Cloud you could check out this add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222158/table-exporter-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

If you are using Confluence Data Center you could check out this add-on:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27447/table-filter-and-charts-for-confluence?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

If you just need to do the export to CSV occassionally, then you can utilizle an Export to CSV or Download to CSV chrome extension as an option.

Hope this helps. 

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

great options..however, I work for a bank and the web restrictions are more. It doesn't allow me to add a chrome extension either...is there any way we can add a macro to export the data?

export data to excel.png

@CHARITHA Is your Confluence instance Cloud or Data Center?

CHARITHA July 1, 2021

cloud

Okay, both of the add-ons mentioned are available for Confluence Cloud.

The question becomes if you have budget/funds to purchase add-ons for Confluence. If you have no funding, then you can try the 'free' add-on. If you have funding, then you can evaluate the 'paid' add-on as well.

If you are the site admin for your Confluence instance, I recommend you review the following documentation about installing and using third party add-ons from the Atlassian markeplace in your instance.

If you are not the site admin for Confluence, you will need to engage the site admin and discuss these two add-ons and determine which if the right option for your organization.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events