Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base URL in the cloud version of Confluence

Chris Gallo November 9, 2015

How do I change the Base URL in the cloud version? I am an administrator, but the field is still greyed out.

We are in the trial period and would like to change the url when we start paying. I see Nic's answer below says it can't be done, but that seems wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2015

You cannot change the url of an Atlassian Cloud installation, so there is no reason to let you change the base url either (all it would do is break the application).

Chris Gallo November 10, 2015

Nic, when you say "cannot change," you must mean "may not." Certainly, a url /can/ be changed. We are a potential customer and would like to know how we change the url that was chosen hastily for the trial period to what we would like it to be if we decide to buy the product.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2015

No. I really do mean cannot change. The only way to get a Cloud installation to run on a new URL is to create a *new* Cloud instance, export all your data from the old one, import it into the new one, and then (optionally) delete the old one. That is NOT "change", that is "Create new and delete old". Atlassian won't change your url for you, you will need a new one. Fortunately, it's easy to set up a new trial on the url you want (and dump the old one) and then you just need to decide if you want a clean start or do the export/import.

Sanah Khan July 27, 2016

I dont want to fully change the url ...but it adds a wiki and I would like to change the style.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2016

It doesn't matter what you want to change, you have to get a new one, as described above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events