Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE ARE LIVE!!!

yellow-star I'm excited to announce the launch of our new Confluence Cloud for Microsoft Teams app! yellow-star

Main features include the ability to: 

• Capture meeting notes as a group and use the power of Confluence to create action items and decisions directly within Teams.

• Share meeting notes automatically via Teams chat after the meeting, so you can keep everyone in the loop.

• Easily search within Teams for previously shared pages, so information isn’t ever lost.

• Add a Confluence page to a Teams tab so you can easily reference and keep track of information.

Ready to get started? 

1. Open your Microsoft Teams app

2. Click  > Apps in the bottom right corner

3. Search > Confluence Cloud

4. Click > Open and follow the prompts to connect it.

You can find our full documentation here

Thank you all so much for participating in the Early Access Program and giving us some valuable feedback. Keep an eye out for more features coming in the next few weeks! Feel free to drop us a comment or let us know what you think down below. smile

19 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Thank you @Tygrr DosRemedios for the news. We have been waiting for the same since few weeks and you are a god savior.

Update: I tried for the same and found this message. Am I missing something?

1 MS Teams.png

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Tony Knopp
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

@G subramanyam - I believe this is just a delay in Microsofts app store roll out.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200003113?tab=Overview

Does beginning the installation from the above URL solve your problem?

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hi @Tony Knopp my team is in few calls. I will share this URL and will update this thread. Thank you.

Yannick Biet July 29, 2021

On my side, like EAP, without having O365 rights it is impossible to add the application to a meeting and use the plugin. it always request permission from O365 admins (for every single meeting created). We authorized the app multiple time in Teams Admin pannel but yet for end users it continues to prompt to revie permissions and then request administrators approval

So promising but not usable so far :(

Like # people like this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2021

@Yannick Biet Thank you for sharing this! I'm working with the team right now to find a resolution and will keep you updated. 

Like # people like this
Rob Farnell July 29, 2021

@Tygrr DosRemedios I'm seeing this message if I try and Confluence Cloud to a Channel. It's listed as an option in the documentation.

I had to go into the About page of the Confluence Cloud app and click upgrade manually and then re-sign in. However, I'm now getting a white screen popup when I attempt to sign in to https://msteams-confluence.services.atlassian.com and the sign in doesn't complete.

2021-07-30 09_56_11-Confluence Cloud _ Microsoft Teams.png

I had to use the Teams web edition to re-sign in and now everything is working.

I think I've found a bug with the new version, unfortunately. 

When I add a Confluence tab to a channel, the links in the page are having the URL changed to:

https://msteams-confluence.services.atlassian.com/wiki/spaces/site/pages/etc/pagename 

I've confirmed this behaviour in both the Teams app and Teams Web. 

Tony Knopp
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2021

Thanks @Rob Farnell for the info on the re-authentication required.

We will look into the links resolving to the incorrect URL and get back with a timeline. From my research, it appears that only "Smart Links" are affected by this bug.

Thank you for the feedback and apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Knopp
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2021

@Rob Farnell - The issue with certain types of links not resolving to the correct URL should be fixed. Thanks for the report and sorry for any troubles.

@Yannick Biet - Your issue should be resolved as well, you should no longer get continuously prompted and the admin approval should stick now. Please let me know if you continue to have any trouble, navigating all the various MS Teams consent/approval options can be daunting and we *think* we solved your scenario but can't be 100% sure.

Have a great weekend! 

@Jer Villanueva @Emil Sohlberg - Thanks for solving these problems!

Thanks,

Tony

Like # people like this
George August 5, 2021

Draw.io diagram not shown when the page added to the tab.

David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2021

Aside from the drawio macro, I cannot find any dynamic Confluence macros that render inside Teams. It might be they are not supported.

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
August 5, 2021

@George @David Benson _draw_io_ That's correct. The macro within Confluence is not currently supported/does not display within a tab. However, our team has embeddable pages coming down the pipeline so we'll be able to give you a much richer experience of Confluence pages within Microsoft Teams. smile

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2021

Awesome news! I've quick try and it seems is working pretty decent.

Thanks!

Yannick Biet August 16, 2021

@Tony Knopp @Tygrr DosRemedios 

Just to follow up : this is now working perfectly :)

I would love to have multi-user editing (over the user who request to take over) maybe for the next version ;)

Thanks a lot for releasing the software and fixing my issue :)

Like # people like this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
August 16, 2021

That's great to hear, @Yannick Biet! Thank you for your feedback, we'll be discussing that with our team for consideration. smile

Christine Zimmerman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 23, 2021

@Tygrr DosRemedios  I am very excited to try out this app, however I am having trouble actually adding a confluence page to a team.  I'm all signed into our instance and can see the pages in confluence I want to add to the team.  Once I click on the page to add I receive an error that says "unable to save configuration for confluence cloud tab".    Any help on how to move past this would be great.  Using O365

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Amazing news @Tygrr DosRemedios 🥳

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2021

Thank you for this information

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events