cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add metric for opened bugs

Lukáš Secký
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2024

Hi, I'm trying to add the "Opened bugs" metric to the scorecard.I have bugs attached to individual components and if a component has a bug open for more than x days. I want it to be displayed in the metric. I can't find a guide anywhere that describes this. Can this be done at all? Or at least something similar?

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Galluzzo February 27, 2024

I think you could use a jira automation rule to do this. 

Trigger: Schedule

Action: Lookup Issues - write a JQL that returns recently created issues

Action: Send web request - Send a metric value: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/rest/api-group-metrics/#api-compass-v1-metrics-post

0 votes
Alastair Wilkes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2024

Hi Lukáš,

Thanks for your question. I really like this idea!

Right now, you can't connect Jira information to metrics/scorecards. However, this is something we've discussed and are interested in for the future. They seem like a natural fit, especially since you can now use Compass components in Jira and create Jira issues from various places in Compass.

Do you have any additional context about how you'd use this information? For example, if you could connect Jira info to components, how would you use it? Would you connect it to scorecards? Would you review it each week? etc.

Thanks,

Al

Compass PM

Jean-Philippe Boudreault
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

A use case would be to have resolution SLA for customer issues.

For example

Critical issues reported by customers 7 days SLA

Minor issues reported by customers 90 days SLA

Customer reported issues are usually assigned to a component during the triage. Cortex.io supports Jira issue integration has part of component and team scores.

Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 4.44.42 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events