Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Request: Incoming Webhooks

Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2023

Hello wonderful Compass users,

Shu from the Compass team here! Compass has started exploring incoming webhooks as a way to quickly connect data from your toolchain. Incoming webhooks enable all users (not just admins) to send events without installing a specific app/integration. When using an incoming webhook to send events to a component, you'll also receive out-of-the-box metrics.

We're going to support some predefined options for your tools such as Github Cloud or Bitbucket Data Center, but eventually hope to provide you with a custom inbound webhook option.

Below are some mocks of what we're thinking the experience might look like. We'd love to hear what you think about this and how you imagine using webhooks to get data into Compass.

Thanks!
Shu - Customer Experience @compass

1.png

Provide some details and information about webhook

2.png

Select a source from a list of predefined options or a custom source

3.png

Configure your incoming webhook in your tool

4.png

Quickly connect repositories with webhooks to Compass components

2 comments

Phill Pafford October 20, 2023

+1 for BitBucket Data Center!!!

What metric from BitBucket are you going to be pushing?

And are there any plans to add the webhook functionality to Bamboo Data Center as well? 

I've been using a curl script but think a webhook would be a better option

Like # people like this
Phill Pafford November 22, 2023

Has there been any update to this? maybe a beta test group I could join?

Phill Pafford November 30, 2023

I see only Cloud options, when is Data Center going to be supported? https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/components/get-data-from-your-toolchain-using-incoming-webhooks/ 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events