Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git-ftp doesn't transfer newly created files

ThomasK October 11, 2019

A script of mine creates new files (minifed js files) during the building process.

A test with - ls shows me the files are created, but git ftp doesn't transfer the newly created files (*.min.js). When i transfer the specific folder only the standard files (*.js) get transfered, which where there before the building process.

I tried it with the --all parameter for git ftp and declared the files as artifacts but nothing seems to work, any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
mkleint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

have you added and committed these new files into your git repository? I assume these newly created files during the build process will be unknown to git and as such git ftp will ignore them?

--all will in my understanding just upload all files known to git in current checkout (as opposed to the default behaviour of uploading just changed files?)

ThomasK October 22, 2019

Thanks for your reply!

I didn't commit the newly created files to the repository. I just wanna create them before I deploy them to the FTP Server, like I do it with the vendor directory, just run composer install before I deploy it to FTP.

But I found a workaround:

In the pipelines.yml I create the min.js. files with my script, then I run git-ftp for all files, which pushes only the changed files to the FTP, and then I run atlassian/ftp-deploy only on the js folder, which pushes my newly created min.js files to the FTP.

It's a strange way, but it works :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events