Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do 'git flow feature publish' from SourceTree?

David Williams May 6, 2014

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to see that SourceTree has Git Flow support, because otherwise Git Flow is painful to configure/use on Windows. However, I don't see how to publish a feature back to origin (appologies if I'm being loose wth terminology here) so that other members of my team can access it.

I learned Git Flow from this guide which describes the following command:

git flow feature publish

If you want to share this feature branch with some of you team mates so you can do some collaborative development then you would use to this sub-command to publish this feature up to your centralized Repository for your team to grab. ... The format for this command is:

git flow feature publish [featureName]

How do I do this through SourceTree? The 'Git Flow' button offers me the option to 'Finish Feature' (and a few others) but no 'Publish Feaure'? Am I simply supposed to push? I was concerned it might be more complex than that and don't want to get my repository into a bad state.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

I can't see any difference between "flow feature publish" and "push".

David Williams May 7, 2014

Thanks, I tried just pushing and it seemed to work... at least I now see the feature in Bitbucket. I'll try picking it up from another machine tomorrow.

David Williams May 7, 2014

Ok, it seems to work ok. Guess I was just overthinking this issue.

cemoralesarmijo November 8, 2017

Hello David,

Thank for the tips, but...

Then .. finally what command do we have to execute? .. Which one is correct?
git flow feature publish MYFEATURE or git push origin feature / MYFEATURE

David Williams November 8, 2017

Hi, I'm sorry but I'm not using 'git flow' anymore so I don't really remember what I did! It was with an old version of SourceTree anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events