Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to perform git gc on remote repository

I have reduced the size of my repository on local but do not understand how to perform it on remote repository. Please guide ?
Thanks.

1 comment

Hi @Hamza Ahmed ,

I'm afraid that the git gc on the remote repo cannot be triggered by end users.

The only time when this is possible, is if:
- your repo is over 2 GB
- and you have enabled the Lab feature "Delete dangling commits when over size limit" for you account
- and you reset your local branch prior to the large commit and then push this, as per our instructions here . Then the git gc should get triggered automatically after this push.

I can run a git gc for your repo if you can let me know its URL.

Alternatively, you can open a ticket with the support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ and request a git gc for your repo. In "What can we help you with" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Thank you @Theodora Boudale for your quick response for now i have space for more commits. i'll share my link in future if i need to run git gc on remote.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

4,368 views 12 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you