How to disable default branch being the default target branch in a pull request

Sineth Jayasinghe May 26, 2021

We operate in an environment where there are a lot of branches, when I try to create a new pull request, in my case by default the 'master' branch becomes the target; This is not the target branch I'm looking for 99.9% of the time. Also, this tries to create a diff of commits being populated to the description section which I have to clean up too. 

Is there a way around this to make sure that the master branch is not preloaded in each and every new PR I try to raise?

2 comments

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

The default branch is set at the repo level; if you're a repo admin you can change it. Go to Repo Settings -> Branching Model:

2021-05-26 14_48_07-phconnectchicago _ atlassianscripts — Bitbucket - Vivaldi.png

Deepesh Nellutla May 26, 2021

You can  also set the main branch ( the one which you want to merge every time a PR is raised) by going under Repository Details and select Advanced Section. Choose Main Branch dropdown.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events