Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows runner command line recovery option?

Jonathan Martens April 25, 2022

I have created a runner for testing but not documented the start command, it seems I am unable to recover the UID and am therefore unable to reuse this runner and have to define a new runner.

It would be nice if there was an option in th Runner configuration/overview to reconstruct the command line to start the runner or at least expose the UID of the runner, as the rest can be extracted from the command line of a newly created runner IMHO.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2022

Hey @Jonathan Martens ,

The start command also contained short-lived auth details and can be used only for a specific runner, and we decided to only show it once for security reason. Having said that, if you have the credential stored somewhere and just lost the runner Uuid, it is possible to reconstruct the start command.

For now, the only way to find the runner Uuid is to get the runners api payload from browser dev tools, as we doesn't show runner Uuid in the runners table at the moment, I will chat with the team to add it as tooltip or something similar.

Cheers

Leo Liang

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events