You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Installing Bamboo for the first time, cannot get service to start. I followed pdf instructions very closely.
Running Download ver 4.3.3 on Win7 64-bit. I used the 64-bit wrapper. Service installed ok but will not start with generic start error (see below). Are there logs I can view to get more details? Here are some newbie questions.
1. Are there logs I can view to get more details?
2. How to verify and/or set JAVA_HOME? Seeing that as a possible culprit from other KB entries.
3. How to verify and/or set Bamboo-home? I set it at install but not seeing anything show up in there yet. Maybe since Service has not even started yet.
4. Generic Service Start Error:
A system error has occurred.
System error 1067 has occurred.
The process terminated unexpectedly.
Still not sure about the full details, but Tech Support got back to me and had me install the newest ver of JRE and that fixed the problem. I had been using a manual install of JDK and I just assume it did not have all the components in place. The Java_home was set as was everything in the Bamboo install pdf but apparently there was more needed on the Java side. Hope this helps others.
Not sure if you have been able to figure this out yet or not but I have some answers for you! : - )
1. To have more information about your log files, refer to this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Logging+in+Bamboo
2. Your <bamboo-home> directory is empty because you have not been able to run Bamboo and go through configuration steps yet. Once it's set up you'll be able to see the "Logs" folder there.
3. To run Bamboo for the first time to do the configuration, will it be an option for you to run it manually?
If so, go to Bamboo's installation directory and run the "BambooConsole.bat" file. Then open Bamboo in your browser (ex. http://localhost:8085) and go through the configuration steps. Refer to these articles for more information and helpful guidelines:
4. When you are done with the configuration, you can see your Java settings by going to administration -> system information in Bamboo
5.Double check your settings and try running the service again and see if you still get the same error.
This article might also be useful:
Hope this helps!
Look at atlassian-bamboo.log under Bamboo_Home/logs folder. Maybe it has some useful errors!
Thanks for the reply Jobin, however I am not seeing this file. I am looking at the Bamboo-Home directory that I was asked to create at install, that folder is still empty maybe since the Service has not even started yet. I also see a logs folder under the Bamboo root install folder, but that is empty too. Let me know if you can think of anything else. Kuzz