Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup issue » custom field with URL

Tiago Leite June 22, 2022

Hi!

I'm trying to set up a JQL to search and compare a custom field with an URL with the same custom field from other tickets with an URL.

Example: 

"cf[11300]" = {{issue."cf[11300]"}}

cf[11300] is the field I want to compare and its name is "Chat Link[Short text]". I've tried on both formats, "cf[11300]" and "Chat Link[Short text]", but I always get the result:

Custom Smart Value JQL Search: "("cf[11300]" =) - Error in JQL Query: Expecting either a value, list or function but got ')'. You must surround ')' in quotation marks to use it as a value. (line 1, character 15)

The field after "=" is empty, looks like it can't get the info from the cf[11300] field. This field is always an URL, is that what's stopping the JQL from finding it? Or am I missing something?

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Tiago Leite 

for reasons of deeper analyze and overview: could you please provide a screenshot of your automation rule and the special components that contain the jql and/or smart value?

Furthermore: could you try to add a "audit log" action to see if the value of the used smart value can be read.

And:
Did you also try a notation of smart value without "" --> eg. with

• id ---> {{issue.customfield_13300}} or
  • name --> {{issue.Chat Link[Short text]}}

Best
Stefan

Hi @Stefan Salzl !

Thank you for your reply!

Here's a screenshot of the main core of this automation: 

Screenshot 2022-06-22 16.12.07.png

I've tried ID and name without "", both still got the same error, it's blank after the "=".

I've also tried "=" and "IS", instead of "~", but got the same outcome.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Tiago Leite ,

What kind of type is your custom field? is it text or URL field?

Could you maybe share a screenshot of an issue with that field for having a better overview?

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Hi @Tiago Leite ,

guess I could figure out the problem:
I have no idea why the field type is added in jql search but as far as I could find out it´s no problem within the issue search but the smart value can´t resolve the [Short Text].

Following lookupIssue search worked on my side:

"Chat Link" ~ {{issue.Chat Link}} and id != {{issue.id}}

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Best
Stefan

Tiago Leite June 24, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl ! Thank you, once again, for your reply!

I can't share the field itself, since it has internal information, but it's an URL. Before that field, when the ticket is created, the field has "${ChatURL}", but that information is not shown on the ticket itself.

When I tried the ""Chat Link" ~ {{issue.Chat Link}} and id != {{issue.id}}" I got the same outcome:

Custom Smart Value JQL Search: "("Chat Link" ~ and id != 5628902) AND (project in (12854))" - Error in JQL Query: Expecting either a value, list or function but got 'and'. You must surround 'and' in quotation marks to use it as a value. (line 1, character 17) 

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2022

Before that field, when the ticket is created, the field has "${ChatURL}"

What exactly do you mean with „before“? when exactly does this action happen? Is the field/url set in a previous step of your rule? Could you please share the whole automation rule?

Furthermore could you please add a „log action“ action that only prints the value of the field to the audit log via smart value of the issue {{issue.Chat Link}} and check the result?

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2022

@Tiago Leite 

could you share a screenshot of your entire automation rule as well as the detailed configuration/settings of your lookupissues action?

This would help to get a better understanding of the whole context in order to find the right solution.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2022

Hi @Tiago Leite 

any updates?

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events