Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Automation - Create an EPIC for every project

Dmitry Alabyan June 24, 2022

Hello community!
I am trying to build up a global rule that would check the projects for existing epics of a certain type and create them, if they are not present.
Got stuck with defining "for every project" iteration. such that checks a project for existence of epic and then creates within the same project, if no epic is found.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Dmitry Alabyan 

Would you please post images of your current rule and the audit log details?  That may provide context for the community to offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Until then, I am not familiar with a branch type of "for every project".  Are you using Jira Cloud, Jira Data Center/Server, or some other Atlassian product?

Kind regards,
Bill

Dmitry Alabyan June 27, 2022

The thing I am stuck is the very start of the rule.
I need to initiate a search through the project for a specific EPIC name. If it is not there - then create that very epic. But also don't need it on schedule, just a once triggered. 
Sadly, the manual trigger for my Jira Cloud is configured as Rule is run when it is manually triggered by the user from an issue.
And I was thinking of running else/if condition - but how do then I specify a query where Epic = exists?

0 votes
Joana Pal June 24, 2022

Is also difficult for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events