cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize Insight object attribute with Jira Custom Field

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

Hi All,

Using Jira Service Management Data Center here. I am struggling to find a way to synchronize Insight object attribute(s) with Jira Custom Fields in connected tickets. Here is the case:

- I have Insight Object Schema with 1 Object type with several attributes (for example Phone).

- For each object I have a ticket in Jira (created automatically when the object is created by Insight automation).

- For several of the attributes in the object (for example Phone) I have matching custom fields in the Jira ticket which are copied over when the ticket is created.

Now I need to be able to update the Jira custom field in the connected ticket when someone changes the value of an attribute in the object. I was thinking Insight automation can help, as it can trigger on object update, but I cannot figure out how this can happen. The Jira Automation (for Data Center) does not seem to have any trigger for Insight object updates, so it does not look like useful option too.

Has anyone made such update working before?

Thanks,

Boyan

1 answer

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

OK, almost a year later let me answer to myself. The answer to my question is in the Assets Automation rules, where you can setup a rule to run when an asset is updated and run a Groovy script. In the Groovy script you can describe which attributes you want to copy over to the connected ticket and do it, but pay attention to the type of the attribute/custom field, as the data might need some massaging before you can set the issue field correctly, for example if you want to copy a Date field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events