Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Create Microsoft Teams Meeting

Josh Heath April 16, 2024

The only option I see for MS Teams is 'Send Microsoft Teams Message'. Is there a way to use this (or some other) functionality to create a Teams meeting instead of a chat?

I am wanting a manual trigger action within an Incident to create the MS Teams meeting. Any help on ways to accomplish this would be appreciated.  Thank you!  

2 answers

4 votes
Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Josh Heath 

Thanks for your question. 

With Atlassian ChatOps you can start a Microsoft Teams chat or schedule a Teams meeting within an incident. You'll find more information here: Connect Microsoft Teams with Jira Service Management | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

Another option is to work with apps from the Atlassian Marketplace. My company yasoon is developing an app that integrates Microsoft 365 and Jira Service Management:
Microsoft 365 for Jira - Outlook Email, Teams, Calendar | Atlassian Marketplace

Let me highlight some main features for you:

In addition, we provide an extended set of actions and triggers that can be used within the native Jira automation. With this you can for example schedule meetings automatically based on certain triggers: Automation (yasoon.com)

Check out all the features for JSM here: IT service management (JSM) (yasoon.com)
The app is free for up to 10 users. If you want to talk about your use case further, we’re happy to give you a demo.

All the best, 
Patrick

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Josh Heath 

I have not tried to do that, and I wonder if you could call a REST API function to create the meeting using the rule's Send Web Request action.  Perhaps try an internet search to find any supporting REST API to do so. 

One additional challenge may be finding the data for the attendees to include in the request.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events