Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence now migrates users & groups

No more manual exports. Your admins will thank you.

hero-illustration---desktop2.png

Right now, more than 75% of new Atlassian customers choose our cloud services over server products. Reduction of overall cost and administrative efforts, along with immediate access to our newest features, have made Cloud a haven for admins who want to put less energy into maintaining servers and more on the work they do best.

At Atlassian, we’re investing heavily in Cloud and, just as importantly, making it easy for teams to migrate from Server to Cloud. One way we’re doing that is by launching an even more robust Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence, which now delivers the highly requested ability to migrate users and groups, along with spaces, from Server to Cloud.

The Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence 2.0.0 is live in the Atlassian Marketplace, offering user and group migration along with space-by-space migration capabilities. The app replaces the need to manually export and import spaces one by one, and is the easiest way to migrate users and groups from Server to Cloud.

How it works

Choose multiple spaces at once

Move any or all of your Confluence Server spaces to Atlassian Cloud. Spaces migrate in parallel, so you don’t have to export and import them individually.

choose multiple spaces at once

Migrate and sync users and groups

Easily migrate your users and groups from Server to Atlassian Cloud. Continue to sync users from Server with Cloud whenever you need.

choose what you'd like to migrate

Migrate at your pace and monitor progress

Create one or more “migration plans” and execute your migration on your own schedule. Monitor your progress by following the status of user, group, and space migrations.

manage your migrations

How to install

TIP

Read our documentation for more information on how to use the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence.

Using the Cloud Migration Assistant is a simple, straightforward process.

1. Install the Cloud Migration Assistant on your Confluence Server instance (admins only). If you are using Confluence Server 6.13 or higher, this app is already installed.
  2. Using the Cloud Migration Assistant, run an analysis of your Confluence Server instance to see how many users, groups, spaces, pages, and attachments you have. You will also get an estimate of how long it will take to migrate all your data.
  3. Next, create one or multiple “migration plans.” You’ll be able to choose to migrate designated spaces and/or all your users and groups. Note that while you can pick specific spaces to migrate (one, a few, or all), migration of users and groups is all or nothing. If you choose this option, all users and groups will be copied onto your cloud site. Continue to sync users and groups with your server instance at any time.
  4. Execute the plan or save it for later.
  5. Once a plan is executed and running, you’ll be able to see the progress of users, groups, and each individual space within your plan.
  6. Create and execute any other plans whenever you need.

See for yourself how easy it is to move everything you need to Confluence Cloud!

Learn more about the Cloud Migration Assistant for Confluence.

1 comment

Comment

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Hello,

I have a question. Suppose, I move Jira and Confluence from Server to Cloud. I have a Confluence Space, with  a Jira filter macro, which linked to my current Jira Server instance. When I move this space to Confluence Cloud, I believe this Jira filter macro will still reference the old Jira Server, not the new Jira Cloud one. Am I correct? If so, then I would need manually to change all Jira filter macros on that page to link to the new Jira Cloud environment.

And mostly we migrate Confluence from Server to Cloud together with Jira. It means that there is a lot of manual work later.

Right now we have our own scripts for migration, which do approximately the same as Cloud Migration Assistant plus data transformation, but it would be much easier, if you made all services for migrating spaces and users public. In this case these services could be easily used in custom scripts. Because right now it is pure research and it takes a lot of time to figure out, how it all works.

Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events