Sandbox

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

I am really excited about the sandbox feature in Jira cloud.  Is there currently a date when this will be available? 

4 comments

Comment

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Brant Schroeder,

I think, it's already available: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-sandboxes-1019402392.html

You simply need a Premium/Enterprise instance and then you can follow along the linked guide.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Like # people like this
Bernard Banta November 23, 2020

Hi @Brant Schroeder , that exists already. Go to http://go.atlassian.com/cloud-dev to sign up and get more information.

Coby Fuller November 24, 2020

Neither of the responses above are correct, or I am missing something. I did follow the instructions provided in the link that @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_  provided, but the setting is still not available in JIRA Premium. According to the details in Jira Software Premium | Atlassian, the sandbox feature is in Beta. Apparently, I do not yet have access to this Beta version. As for the response provided by @Bernard Banta , he is suggesting the creation of a Dev environment that is separate from your 'Live' environment. The difference that the Sandbox will hopefully provided is the ability to port over tested changes rather than having to fully recreate them from the Dev, or test environment. Maybe I'm missing something, but this is how I see it from my end. I am eagerly awaiting the Sandbox release and have been keeping a close eye on it.

Coby Fuller November 24, 2020

I stand corrected. I did find the Beta version under the Product settings after all. My mistake was going to product settings under JIRA itself and not through the Administrator console as the instructions suggested.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2020

I was able to create a sandbox with relative ease. We are on a Premium subscription. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events