Possible to pull succinct changelogs of when Story Points change?

Erin Quick-Laughlin January 4, 2023

We're very new to the AAOB, and would like to pull data specific to the timestamp of when the Story Point field changes, plus what Issue it changes for.  Where would we start to find that information?  Even a quick pointer to general concepts within AAOB would be helpful to jump start us.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2023

Hi @Erin Quick-Laughlin,

Change logs for the story point field can be found in the Jira "Issue history" table. You can filter on "Field name"='Story Points' and also grab the timestamps of the change and story point values. 

I've attached an example of what this could look like.

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 3.13.32 PM.png

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have additional questions.

Erin Quick-Laughlin January 13, 2023

Thank you so much @Tracy Chow !  I get it now!  

Next question:  can third party apps connect to the data lake?  We'd like to pull results into Domo.

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2023

No problem, @Erin Quick-Laughlin!

We don't support that yet but you can follow this ticket for updates: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANALYTICS-4. It's currently on the roadmap: https://www.atlassian.com/wac/roadmap/cloud/atlassian-data-lake-export?p=f6a1d2fe-09.

0 votes
Steve Hooczko March 8, 2023

How do you access the "Issue history" table. ?

Does the table hold the history for all tickets within a JIRA Project?

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2023

If you have access to Atlassian Analytics, you can query the table in the Atlassian Data Lake as long as Jira product data is selected in the Data Lake connection.

I believe it captures all changes that show up in the issue history within Jira itself.

0 votes
Erin Quick-Laughlin January 5, 2023

Thanks @Deepak Rai , but we're specifically looking for an automated solution using Atlassian Analytics data if possible.  We already pull the data we need via a connector to Jira, however we have to pull all change logs, then filter down to just changes for Story Points.

We'd like to establish a table or dataset in AAOB, that has only the changelog records we need, and connect to that instead.

This will help us take our automated reporting updates from once a day, to multiple times a day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events