Drilldown chart

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2024

Hi all,

Is there an example chart or dashboard that shows how to do a drilldown chart? I have a heat map chart that shows created issues per hour and wanted to see if it would be possible to click on a number in that chart that would update an issue list chart that would show the requests that as created during the selected date/hour.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 3.30.43 PM.png

So for example if I clicked on the 2 at 04 Feb 19 it would show just those two requests in the list view.

2 answers

0 votes
Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2024

Hi Mikael,

This article walks through an example of setting up drilldown between two charts: https://support.atlassian.com/analytics/docs/use-charts-as-variable-controls/

Additionally, if you use the "Jira Software - Overview" dashboard template, there is drilldown set up between the "Top 5 projects by issue count" and the "Issue details" table chart on the bottom, so you can use this as an example.

Based on the heat map in your screenshot, you can pass the date (e.g. Feb 18) and hour (e.g. 02) values to variable controls that are then used to filter your table chart. This means the table chart needs to have the controls connected to filter on these as well. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have further questions! 

0 votes
Björn Eriksson February 20, 2024

Hi
I need to start in the beginning :-)

How do you create that heat map chart?

Tracy Chow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2024

Hi Björn,

This video could be a good starting point on how to create a basic chart in Atlassian Analytics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWdmrUfqoQw&list=PLaD4FvsFdarRVuaVKCAg2hZqCe-rtxMe2&index=7&pp=iAQB  

Feel free to browse the other videos in the playlist, as well as our documentation on heat map charts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events