Atlassian Analytics End of Year Mega Update

We’re rolling into the holiday season, and our team has some exciting presents to share with all of you! We’ve released a alot of new features to help simplify the Chart Creation process and to share what you've created across the Atlassian Suite of products. We can’t wait to hear your feedback.

In case you missed the recent feature announcements, the new changes are summarized below.

Recently shipped

Dashboard templates

You can now choose from a selection of pre-built templates whenever you create a new dashboard. These templates are created by the Atlassian team to help you quickly get started on analyzing and visualizing your data. Dashboard templates will also serve as a great launchpad for building more customized and complex dashboards that suit your business needs!

DashboardTemplate.png

Read our announcement about dashboard templates. [Video in the post]

Smart Links for embedding dashboards in other Atlassian products

You can now embed your dashboards across the Atlassian suite using Smart Links. All you have to do is paste a link to the dashboard in a Confluence page, Jira issue, or Atlas update and select to display it as Embed to see the full dashboard. Single chart embedding is coming now.

Smartlinks.png

Read our announcement about embedding dashboards via Smart Links.

Schema Browser improvements

To make it easier to find the data you’re looking for, we’ve released a set of updates to the schema browser in visual mode queries. These include:

• Grouping tables and columns by product

• Full schema view that can be toggled off to hide less commonly used tables and columns

SchemaBrowser.png

Read our announcement about the schema browser improvements. [Video in the post]

Updated Dashboard Controls

It is now much much easier to add controls like Dropdowns and Date Pickers to your Dashboards and connect them auto-magically to your charts.

SimplifedControls.png

Read our announcement about our updated controls. [Video in the post]

Coming soon

• Confluence data - Confluence data is coming to the Atlassian Data Lake! Get ready to start querying your page, blog post, and space data. Shout-out to all the Confluence EAP participants who have been providing feedback on the schema and default dashboards!

• Sprint data for Jira Software - Sprint data from Jira Software is on its way to the Atlassian Data Lake! We know this is in high demand, so we hope this unlocks more use cases in Atlassian Analytics for sprint reporting.

• Forecast step - We’re working on introducing a new Visual SQL step that will add predictive data to a selected column in your chart.

• Embedding single charts using Smart Links - You can already embed entire dashboards across the Atlassian suite via Smart Links, but you’ll soon be able to embed single charts. This will let you add custom context and dive deep into the numbers that matter!

• Chart templates - Getting the base data that you need for your charts will become quicker and easier. You’ll be able to start from a template and then edit the chart as needed after placing it on your dashboard.

Atlassian Analytics Ask Me Anything (AMA)

At the end of November, we held our first AMA with our product managers talking about the Atlassian Analytics and Data Lake roadmap, and answering questions directly from the community! Catch a recording of the session here (passcode: 0UNiWHf*).

That’s a wrap

Thank you again for all the feedback you’ve provided so we could make these awesome improvements to Atlassian Analytics! We truly hope you’re enjoying the changes and looking forward to what’s to come in the new year.

As we look back on 2022, from Atlassian Analytics entering Early Access and moving to Open Beta, we’re grateful for you and everyone who has helped shape Atlassian Analytics and Data Lake.

🎄 Happy holidays,

The Atlassian Analytics team

8 comments

habib rahman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Ben Jackson thank you for this I have been meaning to get this up and running however one question from me if we are already on the enterprise plan with you guys is the product part of the package for enterprise customers or will this be a billed product from you guys? 

Thanks 

Like Ben Jackson likes this
Ben Jackson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Hi @habib rahman it is included with your Enterprise Edition Jira Software/Service Management license. There is no additional cost to use it.

If you are an org admin then just go to the product store and provision it to get started. We are still in Beta and would love your feedback.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Like habib rahman likes this
Alexander Kuznetsov December 12, 2022

Hi @Ben Jackson,

Thank you for this update!

> Catch a recording of the session here (passcode: 0UNiWHf*).

I want to view AMA, but when I proceed with the link above, Zoom displays that I don't have permission for this recording. Also, Zoom doesn't show me a field where I can type a password.

2022-12-12_13-11-32.jpg

Could you please confirm that this link is OK?

sdekshnamoorthy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2022

Hi Alexander, 

Can you please try the link again now. Thanks.

> Catch a recording of the session here (passcode: 0UNiWHf*).

Dan LeBeau January 17, 2023

Hello @Ben Jackson 

My team is looking forward to using Atlassian Analytics to help us dive in and identify inefficiencies towards improving our Jira workflows. 

Is there a date on yourroadmap to provide this soliution to customers with a Premium plan?  Are there other tools currently available you can suggest in the interim?

Thanks!

Dan

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

@Ben Jackson Any estimate on when sprint data will be available? It's our most requested info, and according to your comment on this post, it should have been available last June. I know roadmaps change, but it would really help to have an estimate; otherwise we'll need to explore third-party options for getting the data.

Inder Singh
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2023

@Esther Strom : Sprint tables are now available! Please see this community post for details.

Like # people like this
Dana A July 31, 2023

@Inder Singh  Thank you for all the hard work to get this accomplished, well worth the wait. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events