Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming AMA with the Atlassian Identity Product Managers!

Nehal Jain
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2020

"Atlassian Account" is a space where you can raise questions about your Atlassian Account and your identity across all of our Atlassian Cloud Products. This involves understanding User Management, Authentication, Authorisation, SSO, Mobile, GSync and much more. 

The Atlassian Identity Product Managers will be dedicating the day of July 16th to answering all questions raised in this space. 

Ask questions like:
- What if you use two Atlassian products but with each another mail address ?
- How can I merge 2 atlassian sites(products) in 1 within 1 organization?

Post your questions, upvote questions, and stay tuned as the team will answer everything that's on your mind about Atlassian Account. You can start submitting your questions below now, and tune in on July 16 from 9am to 5pm PDT when we will answer your questions.

4 answers

4 votes
Johnny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Fantastic stuff team!

1 vote

ทุกอย่างมันต้องพึ่งพาอาศัยกัน  จงมองหาจุดพึ่งพา

0 votes
Nehal Jain
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2020

Hey Community!  The AMA is LIVE :D 

If you'd got a question in mind, please do ask!! 

Cheers,

Nehal

karine January 15, 2021

Hello! I've recently started to use Google to authenticate our user community and my question is, do I have to manually delete all disabled users one at a time? I see no function to delete more than one at a time. 

Thanks!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I do not have direct functions in this area so I am not sure of all of the technical workings. But I am the Jira administrator and would love to make this work with automation.

This might be a little too specific and/or too involved with answer here, but I will give it a shot. :-)

We use MS Active Directory with Okta. Right now we are not using any automatic provisioning. Our IAM team has to do that manually. 

So what does that process look like using the Access product for creating and provisioning a new Jira user? If a new employee/team member is added to AD how would that flow to/through Okta to Jira? 

Our overall process looks like this: 

1. A Team Leader creates a card/request in Jira for a new position. That goes through budgets and approvals to start recruiting. 

2. Recruiting of candidates happens and eventual someone is offered a position and hired. 

3. The card is closed in Jira and then the new team member is manually added in AD, Okta and Jira. 

I would love to automate that entire process so that when the Jira card is closed, a new user/employee is created in AD and Okta is connected and a new Jira user is created an provisioned. 

Is that something that can be done? 

Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2020

Hi John,

Thank you for your question. 

when the Jira card is closed, a new user/employee is created in AD

Atlassian Access cannot help with automating the above step. But, once the user is created in AD and sync'd to the connected OKTA instance, user provisioning feature in Atlassian Access can automate syncing of the user from OKTA to Jira. 

Let me know if you have further questions about how the user provisioning feature works.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2020

Thank you for your answer - I am sure I will have more questions around the actual execution. 
My question about Jira to AD was not so much about using Access to do that but is it even possible - maybe using webhooks or the API as such.

Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
July 17, 2020

Got it. Yes, you should be possible to automate the creation of the AD user when the Jira issue is closed using Jira webhooks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events