Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a custom field value after changing the configuration

Katherine Lisman September 24, 2021

**UPDATE**

I was able to restore the values from a csv snapshot we took this past Monday. I was able to import those values and update the field. No help is needed at this point. Thank you!

**Original Post**

Hey there!

I have a custom field "Severity Level" where the values are: None, S1, S2, S3, S4.  I recently removed this configuration to use a different one that does not have 'None' as a valid value. 

After changing the configuration, I have lost all the existing Severity Level values on my tickets. I made the poor assumption that since the values were the same (except for: none), they would all automatically map over to use the same value in the other configuration...S1, S2, etc.

Is there any way to find out what the value was on this field (before changing the configuration) on all my tickets so that I can bulk update without having to read through every ticket and evaluate the severity level?  I looked in the history of a couple of tickets and the change does not show in the History.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

What do you mean by "removed this configuration"?  Did you remove the field, the field context, the field configuration, screens, or something else?

Katherine Lisman September 24, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , I meant the field context.  However, luckily, our engineering manager had a backup csv from Monday, so I was able to import the values easy breezy. 

Thanks!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

Ah, excellent!  Thanks for letting us know before we started the essay on options!

Like Katherine Lisman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events