Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Workspace Sync - Do you have to be admin on both?

Gilad Drori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2024

Looking at these lines from this page made me worry:

Make sure you’re an organization admin for Atlassian

If your Google Workspace admin access is revoked, your Google Workspace sync will stop working.

If I understand correctly, whoever set up the sync must be admin in both Atlassian and Google Workspace.

Not only that, they have to retain those roles. If the admin leaves the company (and their account is archived\deleted), does that mean that the sync stops?

If so, is there a more robust solution to have a continuous connection?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Gilad Drori 

I wouldn't use a personal account for this.

I would set up an account using a shared email - eg. itsupport@company.com - and use this for the Google Workspace connection.

That way the connection isn't impacted by a user leaving the company.

Ste

Gilad Drori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2024

Possible, but that still entails that group to be admin on both. Also, you can't use Google's authentication for a group account.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2024

Hi @Gilad Drori 

It doesn't have to be a Group account - it could be a generic email that isn't assigned to a specific user.

But yes, it would need to be an Admin in both.

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events