Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I verify a domain that redirects to another domain?

Phillip Leonard September 27, 2021

My company recently changed names and changed the domain name for it's website. The new company domain has been verified but the old name was not verified. The old domain redirects to the new domain. Is it possible to still verify the old domain?

Since the old domain was not verified prior to the move, I am having to ask all company employees to manually change their email addresses to the new company domain, which is error prone and time consuming.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

Hi Phillip,

Yes, you should be able to. We did that back a few months ago ourselves. 

Phillip Leonard September 28, 2021

I had my Sys Admin add the text to our DNS that I used for our new domain and am not able to verify the old domain. I know it can take up to 72 hours for the change to propagate but it has now been 5 days since we added the text to our DNS. Did your company have to do anything out of the ordinary in order to verify the old, redirected, domain?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

No, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary - we just updated the DNS with the text and it worked fine. 

I would submit a request to Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events