Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add distribution list mail to be notified about ticket

Emanuele Talarico September 23, 2021

Hi all,
I have a distribution list in which there are 3 email (at the moment).
I would like to know if it is possible to add this DL in the tickets we create to make all members of the DL receive ticket notifications.

Last time that I created a ticket and added that DL as reciver of notifications I recived an errror (that mail is not registerd to Atlassian).

Could you help me about that?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi Emanuele - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If they are licensed users, you can create an automation rule that adds the users as Watchers to the issue when it is created. 

Emanuele Talarico September 23, 2021

Hi Jhon,
thank for your reply.
Maybe this is the wrong thread, I'm talking about ticket (not Jira issue or similar) on Atlassian Support platform.
I.E. I created a ticket to ask something about a Bitbucket's storage logic and I wanted to add to the notification recivers the rest of my team using the DL but it didn't work.

Does your answer work also with this case?

Thanks a lot!!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

In that case, I double very much that you will be able to use a DL as a user email address to follow along. Your best best is to use a local email rule to forward the email you receive for any updates on that issue. 

Like Emanuele Talarico likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events