Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Locked Out after email change - SSON

Craig McK
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 28, 2024

Hiya,

Following an email domain change I'm unable to access our admin account as it's configured to use SSON via Entra ID - On login I get;

"It looks like your account has been deactivated.

We've sent you an email with details of who to contact to get more information about this."

However no email has been sent.

This unfortunately was the only admin logon.  I did get an opsgenie email saying; 

"We would like to inform you that email@primarydomain's Opsgenie account has been inactivated from company.atlassian.net

You can reactivate this account on Site Administration Panel. If you would like to permanently remove the user, delete the user from Opsgenie within 14 days."

However I cannot access Site Administration or Support to raise a ticket due to the account being deactivated, nor can I access the administration to update the email domain.

Attempting to raise a support ticket without logging in shows; 

"Support Service Connection Issue

There may be an issue reaching our backend service. This could result in your form submission failing to create a support ticket."

And right enough it doesn't create a ticket.

I don't see any other method to get in touch with support - if I try to use this account I need to put in our domain and it tells me to contact my administrator, which is me.

Any ideas?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

Hi @Craig McK 

I believe I found a related support ticket in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/74/GROWTH-43270 where it seems like this might have already been resolved.  If that is not the case and there is still a problem with login, please let me know so that I can create a support case on your behalf.

Andy

Craig McK
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2024

Thanks both - Yes resolved now, it actually started working at the time I reached out to the growth team! Perhaps I was just impatient :) 

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Tagging the Atlassian team here to see if they can support.

Quickest way to resolve this might be to ask your Identity Provider Admins to create one more user with your previous email, and grant you access to that user.

That should theoretically sync up the email again, in all honesty I haven't come across this scenario so cannot guarantee this.

Note: As a fail safe for the future would recommend a service account, that would act as a Permanent Org Admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events