Updates to Team membership not reflected throughout Atlas

Steve Kirby March 20, 2023

I've gone through and setup all of our Teams in Atlas on the individual team views, some of which involved adding/removing members for existing teams.  However, the index view of Teams and the Contributors section of Projects doesn't appear to have those updates.  I initially thought it may be an async delay, but it has now been at least a week since I made those updates.

2 answers

1 vote
Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hi Steve, sorry to hear that the Teams setup has not gone as smoothly as anticipated. I'd love to get some more detail to help resolve your problem. 

1. Can you please share what you mean on the index view? Is that the Teams directory nav item you're referring to? What are you seeing instead? 

2. The contributors section of projects will reflect to show whoever you have intentionally selected from that Team when setting up your project.

Example: If you had added Team Alpha to your project (made up of individuals Andy, Bree and Caitlyn) and then identified Andy and Bree as the contributors for the project, they will display under the Contributors list.

Now, if you add another person to the team (Darren), they will not reflect in the Contributor list until you go in and add them under that team using the "Add Team Member" prompt. 

The contributor list reflects who is actually working on the project, as opposed to who is in the wider team assigned to the project. 

Let me know if that helps! 

Steve Kirby March 31, 2023

1_team.jpg

2_teams.jpg

3_project.jpg

Steve Kirby April 10, 2023

@Rachel Lin Any additional thoughts on why my added or removed members aren't reflected throughout?

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2023

Sorry for the late response Steve. So it looks like the main problem here is you specifically are being added to teams where you shouldn't be a part of them. 

Were you ever added to them in the beginning and then you removed yourself? Do you see this happening with any other individuals showing up on teams they shouldn't be on? 

Steve Kirby April 12, 2023

I'm seeing examples of more than one person still showing up where they've been removed and also net new people not showing up as an option under the team.  The behavior in general sort of feels like some sort of syncing mechanism has stopped working and we're locked into some historical state of team membership.

Rachel Lin
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2023

I've noted this as a bug, as it seems a few others have faced weird behaviour with this dropdown as well. Thanks for raising this! 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
lobna noor May 6, 2023

Might it be said that you were at any point added to them initially and afterward you eliminated yourself? Do you see this incident with some other people making an appearance in groups they ought not be on?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events