Unable to add user to team in Atlas - error "They may not have access to teams in your org"

Christina Kokoros April 5, 2024

Hey all,

I just turned on the free tier of Atlas for our company yesterday.  Added all the employees to the system via group (using one that we use to give all FTE access to Jira, so know applies to all FTEs).  I can see everyone added to the product in the admin console, including one user who is having an interesting issue. 

They are unable to see the list of teams in Atlas, and even as an admin I am unable to add them to any.  I can see them in the directory in Atlas with all their details synced over.  This is the only thing they are having an issue with in the system (but a big issue bc it is keeping them from being able to work with their team/ participate in their team space).

I went digging around the wider internet and found this bug report > tried the workaround of adding them to another group that also has the global permission to browse users and groups (even though the initial group also has this permission, but at this point am willing to try anything even if it feels silly)...still getting this error each time I try to add them to a team.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 2.05.13 PM.png

If anyone has dealt with this before, or has any guidance that would be great (as it sucks to have one person not be able to use the tool the rest of the company can use)

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2024

Hi @Christina Kokoros ,

Have you checked this article? It has some steps to troubleshoot when users can't be added to teams:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/cannot-add-member-to-teams-1333826334.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events