Setting up project updates for email

Andrew Forte June 5, 2023

Hi everyone,

I am a new user to Atlas and still figuring my way round. For the project updates that take place every Friday, I would like those to be sent out via email to my stakeholder group.

I tried looking on the platform for the set up but I could find anything. I came up empty on the community search so thought I would raise a question

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Forte June 5, 2023

I just found that there is a Share option on the project update where you can include emails but if its manual on each update then that would take up a bit of time if you have multiple projects and multiple updates to send out. Also I hope there is a single email that summarises all updates vs individual emails for each update which would lose confidence from stakeholders as they will treat this as "spam".

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 1.19.59 pm.png

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2023

hey @Andrew Forte - thanks for asking the question! Atlas sends out an automatic email digest every Monday. The email will contain updates from all of the projects you're following.

So in order for your stakeholders to get the updates, they'll have to be added as followers to each project in Atlas. They can do this, or you can add them yourself.

Here's an example digest that we're about to ship as part of a new onboarding flow:

Email digest - Projects.png

Hope that helps!

Josh

Andrew Forte June 6, 2023

Awesome and super helpful! Thank you @Josh Devenny 

Rohan Power July 6, 2023

@Josh Devenny is there any way to configure updates to go out as soon as a project update has been added?  I know we have some project managers running dependant projects who would like updates more regularly than just once a week.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2023

@Rohan Power - not via email, but the Slack and MS Teams apps will automatically notify the channel as soon as an update is posted if the Project / Goal is connected.

Greg Einfrank October 2, 2023

@Josh Devenny is that something that's upcoming? My team has started posting updates throughout the week and I am missing them. Curious if you have a hard stance against email notifications or have you not gotten to it yet?

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2023

@Greg Einfrank - curious if you are seeing the weekly digest on Monday morning's that summarises all of the updates from the previous week?

Greg Einfrank October 10, 2023

@Josh Devenny I haven't received any Monday summary emails, nor has anyone on my team. I reached out to support and they said there's currently a backend bug causing email delays. It's been several weeks with no email though. I'm trying to get the org to adopt this product, but hard to sell it without any notifications (updates are going unread)

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2023

@Greg Einfrank - hmm, that bug was only a 24h period, not a few weeks.

Can you check a few things for me?

• Are you following the projects that you're speaking about?
  • Are the projects in a non pending state? (i.e. on track)?
  • Are the projects not archived?
  • Do you receive other email from Atlassian products?

Thanks
Josh

Greg Einfrank October 12, 2023

@Josh Devenny Yep I'm following all the projects (and own some), they are all on track, not archived. I do receive atlassian emails (get Jira emails throughout the day).

Not just me, but nobody in my org that are following any of these projects aren't getting the emails. I don't think a single email has been delivered from Atlas yet for us.

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2023

Hey @Greg Einfrank - could you please reach out to me at josh@atlassian.com? The engineers are looking into it, but we need some details about you and your company first.

Thanks
Josh

Shachi Dogra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2024

Hi -

Is there a way not to include newly added projects in status email and only include the projects wherein updates were added. Please confirm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events