How to add hyperlinks to an Atlas goal update?

Sophia Gut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

I would like to add hyperlinks into my Atlas goal updates. When drafting an update, there is a link icon that appears at the bottom left of the update editor, next to the image, emoji, and detail icons. If I click it, nothing seems to happen. 

I've also tried pasting the full link into the update editor, highlighting the link, and then clicking the link icon. This also doesn't yield any results.

Is there a way to create hyperlinks within an Atlas goal update?

2 answers

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Sophia Gut,

You may be restricted by the character limit of your update. You probably know that an update can only be 280 characters in total.

While it looks like replacing the link with a short text (like "here") makes the text shorter, it actually does the opposite. Behind the scenes, the entire link is still there, but it also adds another section to it to also contain the short reference to it.

You may try to use a url shortener tool that can convert your web links to a really shorter version of the actual link. Maybe your org has a recommended tool for that or you can do a quick online search to find tools who can quickly help you convert.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes
Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Sophia Gut 

I believe so. I just tried to test it out by adding a Google hyperlink in Atlas update editior. It works fine.

If that is not what exactly you are after, can you clarify a bit?

Screenshot at Mar 22 10-10-44.png

Sophia Gut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 21, 2024

I'm linking some slides from OneDrive. I just tried pasting in "https://www.google.com" and this automatically generated a hyperlink, as in the example above. I don't see any means to edit the hyperlink though to change it from "Google".

I'd like the slides link (which is super long) to be within a hyperlink, such as the word "here" 

Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

Hi @Sophia Gut 

No matter what type of link you prefer to apply, it should work as the example listed. If you would like to share the error received, any other prompts or a simple screenshot showing this unusual situation, that may be easier to identify the case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events