How to Communicate Internally and Externally?

John Ickes March 22, 2023

I was hoping that Atlas would give us the ability to update both internal and external stakeholders.  My company builds both SaaS and custom software solutions.  While Atlas is helpful to keep the internal team up to speed, I was hoping that we could share posts externally as well.  

When you have a couple of devs working on a project a lot can happen in between calls with a client and they get a bit restless as they don't see everything that is taking place.  I could see where Altas could provide an additional view/connection into what the team is doing on the client's behalf.  Having a way to mark updates as "internal" and sharing projects or goals outside your organization would really expand the use of Atlas.

Is there any chance that Atlas could be expanded to work externally?

2 answers

2 votes
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2023

Hi @John Ickes - thanks for the suggestion. Currently it's only possible to communicate internally with Atlas, not externally. I'll add the suggestion to our idea backlog though - I'm sure there are more customers with a similar need!

0 votes
Laura De Vita May 26, 2023

Hi @John Ickes ,

To overcome this limitation we have created a slack channel, which can be integrated into atlas so that updates are present on the channel and also reach people outside Altas.

You can also use this solution in the meantime.
Best regards,

Laura 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events