How can JPD ideas be linked to Atlas Goals and the progress of delivery tickets be shown in Atlas

Jens Godat April 2, 2024

We want to use Atlas for our goal tracking. JPD captures the roadmap ideas that contribute to achieving our goals, and the JPD ideas have the delivery tickets and progress linked.

How can I link JPD ideas to Atlas (maybe using the Atlas Goal field in JPD?) and show the progress in Atlas Goals?

1 answer

0 votes
Nicola Sun
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2024

Hi Jens, 

Thanks for reaching out. Let me know if this demo video helps answer your question. 

Thanks,

Nicola 

Jens Godat April 5, 2024

Thanks, @Nicola Sun !

I knew about how to create an Atlas Goal field and connect a JPD idea to an Atlas Goal within JPD.

What I don't see is how within Atlas, I can add a JPD idea to an Atlas Goal, and then show the progress of JPD ideas (using the JPD delivery progress bar for instance) within Atlas by looking at the Atlas Goal and its connected JPD ideas.

Does that make sense?

Kind regards,

Jens

Nicola Sun
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2024

Hi Jens, 

Thanks for sharing more detail, the use case you've outlined makes sense to me. Atlas does not currently support linking from Atlas to JPD, I've added your insight to our backlog so that it can be prioritised. 

In the meantime, a workaround that could help is adding the JPD link to the "About" tab of the Atlas Goal - you can embed it as a full page preview or use the preview mode once linked. 

Thanks,

Nicola

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events