Embedding Atlas into Confluence Behavior

Sing Chen May 17, 2023

Hi,

We have a case raised with support regarding embedding Atlas data into Confluence. Depending on the embed/display option, the following message appears: "This integration requires storage access" in Confluence:2023-05-17 10 42 04.png

The message only appears for the "Display embed" option and not for a live link or live card.

Support are working on the case and have suggested disabling third party cookies on the team.atlassian.com domain. I have concerns about this as a viable/scalable approach but my question here is, is there something different about how Atlas has been architected that it behaves differently from other Atlassian products? For instance, I don't experience the issue when embedding a Jira roadmap into a Confluence page.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2023

Hi Sing,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the friction this authorization screen creates. We have indeed built some of the Atlas integrations with Confluence and Jira in. a manner that can cause this message to appear. Historically, using a method that requires cross-site cookies didn't cause this problem, but recently certain browsers (notably Safari) have taken a very aggressive stance against cross-site cookies, resulting in repeated auth screens.

The short term solution is to adjust your third party cookie settings or try using a different browser. Longer term, the Atlas team is investigating the best way to solve this problem

Jo-Lee Bertrand July 11, 2023

This also happens in JIRA. Since many companies don't allow different browsers to be installed, etc. it's a non-workable solution. It actually worked fine for me up until about a week ago so something has changed on the atlassian side.

Justin Waugh August 3, 2023

Third-party cookies does not resolve this problem on Chrome Version 115.0.5790.114 (Official Build) (x86_64).

Is there any update on a fix? It's a really great product (Atlas) and feature (embedding) but it's a real shame not to be able to use it.

Alternative browsers are not an option in our use case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events