Atlas with Jira Advanced Roadmaps

dhaniklk May 16, 2023

Are there any plans to integrate Atlas with Jira Advanced Roadmaps as you have it now with Roadmaps anytime soon?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniella Latham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2023

Hi @dhaniklk - great timing, as this is something we're exploring, and if possible we'd love to speak with you about this! 🙂

Our Product Manager is setting up some calls with users to learn more about how we integrate Atlas and Jira Software.

Please choose a suitable time to meet with her here: https://calendly.com/rlin2/atlas-jira-goal-exploration-research

dhaniklk May 17, 2023

That's great!

Like • Daniella Latham likes this
Kwame Afreh July 26, 2023

@Daniella Latham 

Integrating with Advanced Roadmap will be a great idea. At the moment, I consider what is called Atlas project as our Initiatives which is a top level issue type above Jira Epic. These are visible in Advanced Roadmap and work on them are then shared among teams. 

It will make sense to use those initiatives as atlas projects. This will mean that once an Initiative is sync as Atlas project, it is more likely that fields like Where is work tracked? and Links will be populated already.

Like • # people like this
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2023

Hi @Daniella Latham 

Do you have any updates on this?

• Atlas with Jira Advanced Roadmaps (Plan) OR
  • Atlas with JSW Roadmap OR
  • Atlas with JWM Timeline/Board/List)

Our enterprise customer is currently exploring JWM, Atlas, and Advanced Roadmap and has the following use cases:

The need to show the RAG status on the board/list/plan/timeline is for portfolio management.

To have the stage (discovery/delivery/etc), due dates and RAG of a list of projects is very valuable when managing multiple projects.

Currently, between Atlas and JWM, we cannot find one overview that can give us that information.

Thank you,

Marini

Like • Darryl_calder likes this
Marini Marini
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2023

Anyway, I have seen @Rachel Lin answer in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlas-Group-articles/The-relationship-between-Atlas-and-Jira-explained/ba-p/1685737/page/2 (comment section) and displaying Atlas project status in Advanced Roadmap/Plan is very close to what our enterprise customer is looking for. I hope we can get an update from your team.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 17-46-22 The relationship between Atlas and Jira explained.png

0 votes
Emily McCluhan August 4, 2023

I'm interested in this as well! We haven't started using Atlas yet, but I'm currently building Objectives and Key Results as issues in our hierarchy so we can tie those to the related initiatives and epics in one plan/timeline view. Seems like Atlas is a better tool for the OKR part, but it's not integrated to roadmaps.

Oleksii Marynych August 4, 2023

Hi Emily!

If I understand your OKR approach correctly, you might consider our OKR Board For Jira.
Among other cool OKR stuff (like linking Jira issues to auto-track OKR progress), we have Cross-Project OKR Roadmaps. 

I'll be happy to tell you more here, or you can book a demo with us, and we'll talk specifically about your OKR case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events